Happy Valentine’s Day!
Oysters and chocolate first come to mind as aphrodisiac foods, but did you know avocado, bananas, figs, garlic, basil and asparagus can have similar effects? Almonds are also on the list- they have been a fertility symbol for centuries and the aroma is said to entice passion. High in levels of Vitamin E and Magnesium, almonds can aid in weight loss and reduce LDL cholesterol. So they can keep your heart healthy and filled with fervor!
Instead of the usual chocolate covered strawberries, make this Almond Brittle for your Valentine:
1 ½ Cups Sugar
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
3 TBSP Butter
1 TSP Vanilla
1 ½ TSP Baking Soda
1 ½ Cup Almonds
1) Cook Sugar, Water & Corn Syrup to 280 degrees
2) Add Nuts & Stir. Cook to 300 degrees, Turn Off Heat
3) Stir in Butter and Vanilla
4) Stir in Baking Soda
5) Immediately Pour onto Silpat and Spread as Thin as Possible
6) Let Harden, Break Apart and Enjoy!