Categories: Entertaining Tips
You have the guest list and menu figured out. But what in the world are you going to do to your home?
Our team of Event Managers – Lexie, Brian, Fiona, Megan and Patti shared some great ideas, trends and more!
- Use the colors of the two playing teams in linen, napkins, balloons, etc. Dark blue, electric blue, white with hints of orange. It’s the 50th, so use gold somewhere in there too.
- Go ahead and use balloons – it’s OK on this one.
- Go to your local liquor store or favorite bar – ask for leftover Super Bowl décor. The nfl sends a ton of stuff to these places usually more than they can use. They are usually willing to give it away if you’re nice – and being a good customer doesn’t hurt either!
- Put a sign on the bathroom door that says “Locker Room” – not sure why everyone gets a kick out of this, but they do.
- Football colors and lacing is very easy to duplicate – use it throughout!
- Decorate your house like it’s a stadium. Put signs over the front door, directional signs that you would find in a stadium, VIP seating near the couch or wherever you are watching it.
TYING IN THE MENU
- Do not shape food into a football. It is unappealing.
- Design your menu around the cities of the 2 teams as well as the city it is being held it. Use it in décor too. Denver, Carolina and San Fran offer a lot of options (Rice-a-Roni anyone?)!
- Highlight the menu – make each quarter of the game have its own food!
- Create a quiz that you start at the beginning having people make their predictions – who will score first, who will be MVP, who will choke the field goal, etc. Have prize for the winner.
- Create Super Bowl bingo cards! Commercial with a dog, fan with a clown wig, player using Microsoft Tablet, fireworks, etc.
- Play music from the bands performing at the half-time show before the game starts.
- Make side bets for the Puppy Bowl!
- Get cheap lanyards and make VIP credentials for people to wear – press, all access, event staff, sponsor, commentator, host, security, etc.
For our final word on setting up for the party, we turned to our good friend and Event Planner extraordinaire, Lisa Antonecchia of Creative Concepts by Lisa, LLC for her favorite thing she’s done for a Super Bowl party…
“Here is a fun way to add a POP to your super bowl party!
Create one of a kind Super Bowl Field Table Cloth – take a green piece of felt and drawn your field directly on with a white paint marker! I was able to do this for a wedding not too long ago but now take it to the extreme for your super bowl event! Complete with Yard Lines, add in your hash marks for a truly authentic look, and then print out your team logos, glue to the fabric and you have a fabulous one of kind table cloth!
Take it to the extreme and use this under a fabulous dessert station with all the SuperBowl Candy and treats you can imagine!
Use the felt to make team flag coasters and banners, and signs with your favorite team logo! Have fun and last, make your guests party experience fun and friendly with finger foods all their favorite game day treats, this also means less cleanup for you!
See you on the Gridiron!”
What about you guys – how do you decorate for the Super Bowl?